Monday, August 22, 2011

Orientation

Ok, I only have 20 minutes before I have to be at Orientation Day 2. Orientation is pretty boring (there are no OPAs and no fight song!) A lot of sitting in a really hot room but today there is a brewery tour so that should make things a little more interesting. There are about 40 people in my program so I am slowly but surely learning everyone's names. Eight of the boys are in the same room (three cheers for bonding!) at the hostel.

I went out to bars with people from the program on Saturday and Sunday night. Both nights were fun, lots of bonding over drinking games. Yesterday we ordered a beer for the group that was served in a huge tube that looked just like a bong (or so I've heard). It was pretty cool.

The internet costs money at this hostel so I will probably not get a chance to post pictures here but I move into my permanent housing on Wednesday (thank goodness!) and should have steady, free internet access.

Till then... Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. A bong is a big tubular thing used for smoking marijuana. You fill it with water and then fill the pipe attached with the weed. You light the weed then take in a big toke from the top of the big tube sucking the smoke through the water before it reaches your lungs... or so I have heard.

    ReplyDelete