Thursday, September 1, 2011

5 day weekend!!

So, I finally have my schedule and I must say, it's great! As of right now, I only have class on two days of the week. Once I start my internship (I accepted) I will work all day Thursdays but that doesn't start for another two weeks and I will still have four day weekends after that :)

I ended up dropping Development Economics and keeping the military class. The military class is too cool. It's like taking a course at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, just not something you get to do back in the states.

Yesterday, we discovered a great market right near our house with amazing and cheap food. There was a great homemade pasta guy and a ton of fruit and vegetable stands. We made a big pasta dinner last night with chicken and fresh veggies in the sauce.

Should be a fun Thursday-Sunday weekend. Today is someone in the program's birthday so we are going out to a nightclub. It seems like a pretty nice club but we have to be dressed "up to par" so hopefully a group of 40 loud Americans can get past the bouncers...

Then Josh and his Uncle get in on Friday in time for Belgian Beer Weekend http://www.weekenddelabiere.be/en/pages/programma.htm
I'm not even sure how to describe my excitement! There is a scorecard of beers about a mile (or should I say 1.609344 kilometers) long! Saturday, I am skipping the Brugge trip to hang out with Josh and then Sunday, I think a group of us still want to go out because there are a handful of people in the program without class on Mondays either!

I can't figure out how to put pictures on the actual blog but I have a Picasa album with all my Brussels and Brugge pictures. Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/115599000627342047413/BrusselsAndBrugge?authkey=Gv1sRgCO6WxJbz8tSnDA

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any:
    a) homework?
    b) class work?
    c) work of any kind?

    Since you have been at Vesalius have you:
    a) opened a book?
    b) taken notes?
    c) been in a library?
    d) been in a classroom?
    e) learned anything not associated with eating or drinking?

    Do you anticipate doing any of the following while there:

    a) homework?
    b) class work?
    c) work of any kind?

    ReplyDelete